Copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples ( Slow Cooker or Instant Pot!). This is my favourite side dish at Cracker Barrel and now you can make it at home! If you have a recipe you want to see, let us know in the comment section!!
– 2 cups apple juice, plus
– 1/2 cup apple juice
– 4 large golden delicious apples, with peel, cut 1/2 inch wedges
– 3 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
– 4 tablespoons sugar
1. In a medium skillet, combine the 2 cups apple juice and sliced apples.
2. Simmer gently until apples are fork tender but not mushy, turning apples frequently.
3. Remove apples from juice using a slotted spoon and place in an oven safe dish.
4. In a blender, combine the remaining 1/2 cup apple juice, cornstarch, apple pie spice and sugar.
5. Blend a few seconds until smooth.
6. Whisk mixture into hot apple juice in skillet and cook, stirring constantly on medium high heat until it bubbles and becomes thickened and smooth.
7. Pour thickened mixture over apples and serve.
8. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.