Today, I are here to show you how to make these glorious Bacon Wrapped Smoked Armadillo Eggs!
Armadillo Eggs Recipe
Prep Time : 10 min
Prep Time : 25 min
Total Time : ,
- 4 large jalapeno peppers (or more as needed)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (I used hot Italian sausage)
- 12 slices bacon
- Remove the stem from the jalapeno peppers, then core them out.
- Mix together the cream cheese, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stuff each jalapeno with the cream cheese mixture.
- Form 1/4 of the Italian sausage around the entire outside of the stuffed jalapeno pepper. It will resemble an egg.
- Next, wrap each with 3 slices of bacon. Be sure to get the bacon wrapped all the way around. You can use toothpicks to affix them, if needed.
- Heat your grill to medium heat (about 400 degrees F.) and lightly oil the grates.
- Grill the armadillo eggs for 25-30 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the armadillo eggs are cooked through.
- Serve them up!